[Debconf-team] Future handling of sponsors

Hello Team,

as you can read from the minutes[1], the meeting about our future
selected Neil McGovern, Jimmy Kaplowitz, Steve McIntyre, Philip Hands
and Felipe Augusto van de Wiel to handle our sponsors, as well as our
budget, in the future. During my phone communication with Andreas
Schuldei on the phone, when he made his resignation as a DebConf team
leader final[2], we talked about the sponsor contacts. There is some
disagreement about what exactly was said or promised in this
conversation, but the overall outcome is that Andreas doesn't want to
give the sponsors' contacts to our team. He instead selected two other
people to get them, on the condition that they do not give them to
anybody else.

We are fine with these two people joining the team[3], as we do believe
they would do the right things for DebConf. However, we do not agree for
various reasons that they should be the only two sponsor
contacts. Firstly - if Andreas wanted to continue selecting people
for tasks he shouldn't have resigned; the team is now structured in a
different way. Secondly - we do have multiple people volunteering who also
have experience with this kind of work and who have also started to
manage our budget. Additionally, half of them are local to this years
conference, which is a big plus.

In view of recent mail correspondence between the team and Andreas in the
past few days, and the absolute silence within the last 2 or 3 days, we
conclude that Andreas doesn't want to hand over the contacts. Since this
seems to be Andreas' final decision, we have now decided to carry on
without him. As we do already have most of the contact data in the
invoices in our svn repositories, and are only missing some phone
numbers or some email addresses, our sponsors team will do the
work to complete the missing data over the next days/weeks, contacting
all of the known sponsors[4], so we can move on with the work.

[1] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20060729.154424.360ef56d.en.html
[2] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20060711.212640.90e5e1af.en.html
[3] Fabian Fagerholm and Aschwin van der Woude.
[4] As well as a lot of new ones, I'm sure.

--
bye Joerg
<Maulkin> Damned Inselaffen. Oh, wait, that's me.