Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf8, 9++ locations...

dancer@netfort.gr.jp (Junichi Uekawa) writes:

> I'd like to have some helping hands do some research on how
>
> Tokyo (Narita, NRT)
> Hokkaido (Chitose airport, CTX)

I could find no flights to CTX, so did some quick searching, and learned that
the "New Chitose Airport" is actually IATA airport code CTS.  That's what I
priced for you.

> Kansai (KIX)
> Okinawa (OKA)
>
> will cost around this time of year from around the world (using cheap
> airlines).  This information is hard to get at from my POV.

I just did quick checks with both the travel search engine I use for business
travel, and one that I use for personal travel.  For the work engine, I chose
22 July 2006 and 30 July 2006 as the departure dates.  Easy for comparison,
but probably doesn't say much about what fares are available with more advance
notice... the costs this close to travel dates are probably dominated by how
many seats are already sold on some of the flights.

With the personal travel engine, I asked for the cheapest round trip available
from now through the end of August 2006.  That's far enough out to get 28-day
advance fares, which is about as good as it ever gets from here.

                        work search     personal search

   COS <-> NRT          1199.30             809.00
   COS <-> CTS          1663.30            1197.00
   COS <-> KIX          1289.50             809.00
   COS <-> OKA          2385.10            1197.00

Hope that helps!

Bdale