[Debconf-team] debconf as we know it...

i guess that the time of debconf as we know it is over. AJ has
promoted a for-money debconf, where people pay real money for
what they get. in mails to this list he outlined his planns of
how the delegation would happen to the local team etc to morph
debconf in a second linuxconf au.

After getting rid of the old debconf team which was less
interested in revolution and more in evolution, he now has free
hand to do as he pleases.

the experience that the old team had are not really valid in the
new model any more, so any recommendations for any of the two
venues dont carry much weight anymore.

non the less, i think that it became more and more clear that the
sarajevo option was the better one, as it offered a nicely
integrated, big and price-wise good option with a big and
dedicated team which did a lot of work in short time.

It was nice while it lasted. My best wished to everyone who wants
to continue working on the new debconf.