Re: [Debconf-team] "Global" favourite

Hi,

On Fre, 07 Jul 2006, Patty Langasek wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 07:12:56AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > When it comes at travel, I can bet that travelling to Sarajevo or
> > Edinburgh from outside Europe is actually not much more expensive than
> > travelling to one of the major European hubs (London, Paris,
> > Amsterdam, Frankfurt) through one of the major airline companies
> > alliances.
>
> That's not entirely accurate. I just did a quick search on flights into SJJ
> and EDI for June of next year (to compare prices on a relatively equal
> scale) and found that prices to SJJ were ~ $1600-$1700 USD *per ticket* and
> prices to EDI were ~ $900-$1000 USD *per ticket*. That is quite the price
> difference between flying to the two locations from the west coast of the
> United States.

Your flight prices look strange to me, this year flying to mexico from
Austria (its nearly a neighbour to bosnia), a two way ticket, did me only cost
about, 900 USD and this price was including a travel insurance.
(the flight was munich -> london -> mx )

Maybe there is some price optimization possible, which airline did you choose
to get prices above?

for example:

(searched via travel-overland)

- two-way ( = 2x tickets)

- New York J.F. Kennedy (JFK)
  Sarajevo (SJJ)
  and back

- Mai 2007 (search for june 2007 isn't possible)
- EUR 1.051,64 (including 16% taxes)
  ~ 1366 USD

--
Florian Reitmeir