Re: [Debconf-team] report sarajevo - answers

Safir Secerovic dijo [Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 10:31:07AM +0200]:
> > - can we NOT have passport checks at the center?
> Offcourse we can, after all nobody from the Centre mentioned that, but we
> could probably use DebConf7 ID cards.

I understand this would require the nametags having a printed
photo. Which means we should get a color laser printer (they are quite
cheap nowadays, around 400 euro), and we should ask people to upload a
proper picture. (Not too much hassle, but we cannot forget to do it)

> > - can the cultural center (aka saudi arabia) sponsor flights from
> >   other arabic/islamic countries?
> Hm, I am not sure, but, from experience, if they want to bring some of the
> Saudi hackers, they would pay them should we be on tight budget.

Saudi only? From other muslim countries? This year we had some people
interested in coming from Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria... Who
else... Oh, yes, a Bosnian as well ;-)

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23