Re: [Debconf-team] travel costs to the venues [was: Sarajevo report]

* Jesus Climent (jesus.climent@hispalinux.es) [060705 11:23]:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:20:12AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> >
> > appart from that i talked with the flight expert in a bigger
> > travel agency and he did some research and thinks that flights to
> > sarajevo booked ahead of time will be ~125USD/150E more expensive
> > then those to edinburgh.
> >
> > "ahead of time" in this case means ~5month for summer and less
> > outside the busy travel month (which are mostly summer and
> > holidays like christmas etc).
>
> Which will not be the case for the dorm+cultural center, since we have to have
> the conference there during the student holidays, which is summer, both the
> hottest time of the year (35C and high humidity) and the most expensive
> travel-wise.

for the dorm we would be in summer and it would be adviceable to
book $ahead_of_time = "~5month", otherwise you should book
$ahead_of_time = "~2-3month". You should also book ahead of time
if you want to go to edinburgh. airlines dont take you on board
if you book after the fact.