[Debconf-team] Local Meeting prior to the decision

Hi

Local people: Please forward that to everyone in your team who may not
be subscribed to the -team list (and get them to subscribe :) ).

As a discussion (and hopefully decision :) ) about the next DebConf
place is going to happen in the near future, there is a big
LocationChecklist[1] to look at, mostly assembled together with experiences
From Mexico and Helsinki (i think).

We also talked (in one or two meetings in Oaxtepec) about having some of
the Orgateam visiting the place(s) where the next DebConf should happen.
Right now we are in the planning phase for this, as it would help to
have this done before the meeting actually runs.

So, the current planning shows that both Holger and me[2] have time to
visit one of the two places, Holger for Edinburgh and myself for
Sarajevo (and/or Andreas also?). The goal of that meeting would be to

- meet with (parts of) the local team,
- look at the proposed venue, keeping [1] in mind,
- make a lot of pictures :),
- guide the localteam, if needed, as at least one local team has not
  much expierence with DebConf organizing,
- be a non-local, and as such non-biased, speaker for that place. (Ok,
  in the worst case, which i dont think will happen a speaker against).

To get this running we need to decide about a good time to meet. For me
this could be the weekend before the first proposed IRC-meeting date, ie
From Friday 16 til Sunday 18th June. (A one day visit should be enough).

Safir: As I probably will be the one going to Sarajevo: I could arrive
on Friday, 16th around 15:00 and leave either on Saturday or Sunday,
depending on how much you want to show me. :) (Place and maybe a daytrip
location?)

Oh, anyone else interested in visiting the places? Like - someone from
Sarajevo going to Edinburgh and vice versa? Speak up, and have a reason
for it and it *MAY* get sponsored. But should be, to be useful for the
meeting, before we have the actual meeting discussing the next place.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfLocationCheckList
[2] Us two chosen because we both have alot of experience with
    handicapped people and their needs, which helps avoiding some
    problems we had in Mexico with this.

--
bye Joerg
Contrary to common belief, Arch:i386 is *not* the same as Arch: any.