[Debconf-team] Infrastructure Meeting minutes

Hi all,

Please find below the minutes for last night's infrastructure meeting.
This is not in order.

Agenda 1: general ideas / work flow
* General connectivity:
  - luciano queried the current state of the internet connection in
    oaxtepec.
  - gwolf stated that it's possible we can only get a DSL, or possibly a
    E1 line.
  - h01ger pointed out that the video team alone requires constantly
    >200kbps alone.
  - Ganneff noted that we should have a full mirror + backports + amd64
	redirected locally to reduce the dependancy on bandwidth.
  - h01ger noted that we don't currently have any sponsorship for
    connectivity, and so some may need to be purchased.
  - #debconf-localteam is to research exact prices. Miniumium
	requirement is 6Mbit/2Mbit. 10Mbit/5Mbit is the preferred minimum.
* Cooling:
  - h01ger noted that there isn't any cooling for the servers in oaxtepec,
    and this will need to be hired.
* Wireless connectivity
  - No big hardware sponsors are known. Edward "punk0" Castillo wants to
	help and he says he has enough gear to cover Oaxtepec.
  - punk0 can provide 10 wraps boxes whit ubiquiti medias 400 mw running
	debian (wraps is an x86 embedded plattform).
  - punk0 noted that he can invite to my team (10 people) to helpme whit
	the congess network - full time
* General hardware
  - h01ger to ask stockholm about Cisco sponsoring some hardware, 2 Gbit
	switches over cat5 would be good.
  - 500m of Cat5 would be needed for gwolf to be happy :)

Agenda 2: requirements
* Supplies
  - luk noted that the nearest hardware store is probably in Cuatla,
	~15min away by car
  - #debconf-localteam should know if there's anything nearer. luk to
	ask.
* Hardware
  - h01ger noted that we need 3 video editing boxes (dual-opteron
	recommend for and by cinelerra) with dual TFTs each. plus 3 laptops
	with firewire. (gwolf doubts he can get those) and a 2tb raid array
  - no cables can/should be deployed before the 6th
  - h01ger noted that we'll provide laptops again. let's hope they'll be
	the same :) maybe stockholm knows more.
  - h01ger will describe the proposed workflow now as discussed with
	Ganneff this weekened
* Authentication
  - ldap should run from cmburns
  - h01ger will have this fai-howto updated (and a fai package for this)
	ready by february, sunday, 12th at latest, hopefully 7th
  - luk noted ssh-key needed for cmburns to test fai config at our homes
  - h01ger noted we also need a machine overview: which machines have
	what classes (users, software, etc)

Agenda 3: testing the setups at home
* general
  - h01ger will mail how to setup the setup and then we all can test the
	setup :) this should be available working fully by the end of
	february.
  - VMPlayer could be run for some installations
  - h01ger wants all the testcases and use-cases in task-juggler or
	another version controlled documented

Agenda 4: find a date for the next meeting
  The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 1st March, 19:00UTC

Cheers,
Neil
--
   __