Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

On wo, 2006-07-26 at 12:42 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> ..., we have more people
> involved in the general organisation atm, in the last meeting we have started
> defining how the team(s) should work and what debconfs goals are, we have a
> tighter relationsship with debian (and maybe even SPI as a continuous legal
> body), we have a list of priorities and a process for choosing venues, and we
> have a number of bids for holding debconf8 and 9 already.
>
> And as we also have the above mentioned problems, $life after debconf and
> whatnot, not everything is going smoothly and not everything is clear. But as
> I see it, it's not at all real bad. There is "just" some confusion and some
> work to do.

You are absolutely right, there have been very positive achievements as
well. Unfortunately it seems somewhat overshadowed by several negative
aspects.
As you say, we should focus on the positive achievements and work from
there. It is important to clear the air by voicing our opinions, and
lets accept the differences in opinion. Let's agree to differ if needed,
and move on to organising the next best DebConf.
If all this energy is used positively I am sure it will be the best
DebConf so far.

Another 2 pennie, cents, or whichever you prefer,  ;-)

-Aschwin