Re: [Debconf-team] Comparing the proposed venues

Hi!

* Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debconf.org> [060707 16:39]:

> > Anyway, I am missing the estimated cost of each venue there, how hard
> > would it be to add that info in order to compare each option?
> I'll try, but that is a bit difficult... We still lack some numbers,
> e.g. from EDI; I'll try a calculation (well, more a approximation; maybe
> stockholm can correct my numbers) based on 50 full sponsored people
> during DebCamp and 350 during DebConf.
>
> Please correct me, if you think I'm far of with my estimations:

As I forebode I did a mistake, which seems imporant enough to be send to
the list and not only to be corrected in the wiki:

> EDI is more complicate... (so feel encouraged to correct me with this!)
>
> Let's start with the food:
>
> (I'll now start with an upper and lower limit estimation):
>
> We got one offer for about £2-2.5 [3-3.7 Eur]; EDI mentions an  "estimated maximum
> £4.50" [6.7 Eur] in their venue wiki:
>
> Lower limit:
> 3 * ( ( 50*7) + (350*7) ) = 8400
>
> Upper limit:
> 6.7 * ( (50*7) + (350*7) ) = 18760

These costs which I took from their wiki page seem to be not per day (as
I thought while doing the first estimation), but per meal (and there was
an even higher price for the upper limit).  I'm very sorry for the
confussion spread (It's all Amayas fault!  She asked me to came up with
numbers!), but I need to correct that to:

Food:

Lower limit:
2 * 3 * ( ( 50*7) + (350*7) ) = 16'800

Upper limit:
2 * 7 * ( (50*7) + (350*7) ) = 39'200

Leaving EDI all in all with these numbers:

Lower limit:
48'160 + 3'906 + 16'800 = 68'866

Upper limit:
48'160 + 13'216 + 39'200 = 100'576

Please note, that this includes only two warm meals per day, not
breaktfast.  Ganneff checked the webpages of the proposed accomodation
hostels for breakfast; it seems to be not inlcuded.

So the EDI side reflects the same we had in Mexico:  People would get
two meals (and would need to buy breakfast themself), while the SJJ side
includes three meals.

Actually, I don't know how I should include thet in the numbers, so I
just note it down.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

PS:  AFAIK the EDI team is working on real numbers for monday, so the
numbers might change again.