Re: [Debconf-team] An idea about the dormitory in Sarajevo...

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 05:49:59PM +0200, Safir Secerovic wrote:
> I just got this idea,
> in case we opt for Sarajevo/Bosnia and for the student option instead of hotel
> option:
>
> If, if and if we get chosen to host, we could ask for more benefits/lower
> prices or something and let them keep our networking after the conference for
> future use (access points, cables and such stuff), should we get these parts
> from local sponsors without paying.

I dont think this can be rolled out without extensive planning. You need to
get the cabling hidden and the area covered fine for them not to thing you are
just tricking them. I mean, the way we covered mexico, olso or brazil will sot
suffice.

So you need planning, and you need deployment, which means the local team
would have to spend 1-2 weeks working on the wiring and making it happen even
before the first person (i presume stockholm) lands in Bosnia (if, if and if
bosnia is selected).

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.
		--Tyler Durden (Fight club)