[Debconf-team] Fwd: Re: DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation

Subject: Re: DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation
Date: Friday 09 June 2006 21:24
From: Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org>

* Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org) [060609 20:56]:
> On 10680 March 1977, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> >> So, I propose to delegate
> >
> > I would like to have delegates that have a long time perspective
>
> I dont have that? :)

i was thinking both of the perspective forwards and backwards.
Gunnar was participating in debconf3 and 4 and was
co-organizing 5 and 6 and with that has seen how things worked
differently from place to place. Fabian has been very insightfull
and helpfull whenever it was needed with his down-to-earth,
deescalating and clam way of looking at things and has very good
social skills (and was one of the core people at debconf5 and did
his part in saving debconf6).

Everyone, and not just these two, have good ideas of how to improve
future debconfs. So the forward perspective is a given at this
level.

> > and more then one debconf under their belt.
>
> Hmm.
>
> > The last one in mexico was exceptional regarding some respects in how
> > the organisation and implementation went. I want to avoid overreaction
> > and overcompensation to misshaps that took place this time.Fabian
> > and Gunnar were part of debconf5 and know one more debconf
> > intimatly. You (Jörg) or Neil were mostly involved in the last
> > debconf.
>
> Yes, it was my first DC as an organizer. Atm I plan to get some more. :)

oh, i do hope so. your work is certainly very valuable.