De: Neil McGovern [mailto:maulkin@mx0.halon.org.uk]En nombre de Neil
McGovern
Enviado el: Martes, 25 de Abril de 2006 03:20 a.m.
Para: Gunnar Wolf
CC: debconf-team@lists.debconf.org; daniel@iguanacero.com
Asunto: Re: [Debconf-team] Microphones - Any good for the video team?

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 06:24:29PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just spoke to a good old friend who has a small recording studio -
> It's nice that Debconf motivates me to get back in touch with old
> friends :) I'm Cc:ing him.

Hi Gunnar, Daniel et al,

> Anyway... My friend cannot lend us much equipment, as he uses what he
> has on an everyday basis - But he offered something that might be
> enough for the smaller room: A condenser-based good quality enviroment
> microphone. This microphone uses phantom power, so we would need a
> suitable console.

That would be brilliant! Our desks do indeed support phantom power.

> Note that I reproduced the above paragraph from what he told me on the
> phone, more or less in the same way a Walmart employee would reproduce
> the characteristics of a PC ;-) So I might have mis-copied some terms.
>
> Now, the question is for you video guys: Do you think we could use
> those microphones?

Yes, definately :) Do you have a make/model number so I can work out
which venue I can use it in? Also, does it come with a mic stand? :)

Many thanks,
Neil McGovern
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3