Re: [Debconf-team] Websites for past events now available

On 10576 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> As you see debconf6.debconf.org already works. That one will be the URL
> if DC6 is over, www.debconf.org then will move on to DC7. IOW www will
> always point to the upcoming event.

After a suggestion the redirection is now setup in a way that
www.debconf.org/* (not for debconf3,4,5) always redirects to
debconf6.debconf.org/*.[1]  That keeps it working if you use
www.debconf.org (ie existing links) but people will always see
debconf6.debconf.org in their browser and hopefully only use those ones
to set new links to us.

That should avoid (more) broken links later when we move on to debconf7,
as I dont have a /debconf6 to base a redirect on. :)

[1] Including the ssl site.

--
bye Joerg
<vorlon> hmm, I should fill in the buildds box for sparc and make it