[Debconf-team] Re: Infrastructure Meeting minutes

Gunnar Wolf wrote:

>     I just found this one - A window-installed unit, according to
>     this. It weighs 0.5 tons, and the price is 1694 pesos +taxes
>     (15%):
>     Net weight: 26 Kg

So it does not weight 0.5 tons (500Kg), just 26Kg. Or maybe a ton in
Mexico is something else :)

>     Cooling capacity (BTU): 5200

That is too small to cool anything other than a very small room without
equipment (if temperatures are 20-30 degrees celcius as stated on
debconf site). More than one will be required if it's the only option.

It all depends on external temperature, room size and heating capacity
of the servers.

Achilleas Kotsis a.k.a. Achille
-- "whois awk?", sed Grep --