summary of the network meeting today

Hi,

overall status is good.

The wiring situation at smökki needs "cleaning"/ordering, liiwi will try to do
this tomorrow.

The wireless situation in the dorms needs some enhancements which will be done
be the "new Intel guy" tomorrow (and maybe the day after?).

zobel will install logcheck on master, which will mail logchecks to the
network team.

LDAP: zobel might install a cronjob to syncronize new users into ldap. This
has low priority, as new users are like only interested in the talks and not
hacking on develserver1+2.

LDAP2: wouter volunteered to setup a ldap-group for the video-team to use on
video1+2. wouter please ping me when ready. Thanks.

Videohosting: dondelcarla set up the virtual server for
http://videoarchive.debconf5.net/ - we will get an videouser account to
upload our movies to the internal .debconf5.net.
Jeroen offerend "permanent" (for the next year or longer) hosting for the
external hosting. I will resolve details with him and inform the video-team.

I informed the network team of my workload. As the general network status is
good, no special action has been taken. The network team wont offer general
support, but will react in cases of real and severe problems.

I spoke with Florian Lohoff and he agreed to teach me how to setup ddns, so
dhcp-clients can send their hostname to the dhcp-server, which will update
bind for the clients. As I'm "free" tomorrow, I think I'll have some time
(30min) to learn how to do this. As Florian is very experienced in doing
this, we dont expect this to last longer. (And I want to have some fun as
well :-)

regards,
	Holger