Re: Debconf5 schedule template

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:43:27PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Jesus Climent (jesus.climent@hispalinux.es) [050628 14:24]:
> > On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:07:09PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > We still need to solve the problem with the van...
> >
> > We have 2 choices:
> >
> > 1. rent one (for the needed days, with the associated costs)
> >
> >   pros: we have an insurance
> >         we dont have me nagging about lending my GF's car to other ppl
> >   cons: we dont have it for the whole duration of the debconf
> >         more expensive
> >
> > 2. we buy an adaptor for my car and get the gas for the trips that are debconf
> >    related. we counted the costs with Fabbe and avdwoude and they look much
> >    lower than having the van...
> >
> >   pros: we have it 24/18
> >         price (cheaper)
> >         we can use it for getting to the airport and bring luggage, and ppl
> >          can go in taxis when in big groups, so it is cheaper for them
> >         we can get the chairs/mattresses even on demand, any time of the week
> >   cons: angry developer nagging all the time (me)
> >         we need to find and pay the adaptor for the trailer
> >         (whatever else you can imagine as a con)
>
> option 3 might be best:
> rent a bigger car, like a truck (we have a volunteer with a
> proper driving license!) for ONE drive from the recycling center
> to the house, unload and return it after 3 (?) hours. same
> routine when we abandon the house.
>
> might be ceapest and fastes. the rest of the stuff can most
> likely be moved slower and easier in normal cars.

Are we going to pay the fuel to those drivers? Are we going to have a
driver/car available when people in wheelchair have to be moved from place to
place? Are we going to have a car available 24/7 in case something happens and
getting a taxi but not be a viable idea (say, saturday night)?

Having 260 ppl and no escape plan might be an issue.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

Roz, you're looking fabulous today. Is that a new haircut?
		--Mike (Monsters, Inc.)