Re: food and registration: a fiasco

Hi,

On Saturday 11 June 2005 19:50, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> 1) Get more money. (If we could, Andreas already would've.)
> 2) Re-allocate money from other expenses. (Read: tell some who're being
> sponsored that they can't come, after all.)

I might (hopefully) be wrong, but I don't think this will work :( If it does,
great.

> 3) Spend less money per person. (Read: Worse and less food for
> everyone.)

Please not. AFAIU the planning was already on the etch^wedge...

> 4) Tell people who confirmed late that there might not be food for them,
> sorry. (People will be angry.)

well...

> 5) Ask people to give up free food. (I'm willing.)

5a.) ask people to pay a share of the food (I'm willing) - but I don't think
this will really work ("out of the box"): a.) people will also be angry and
b.) if we do this, we shouldn't _ask_ people to pay something, rather (IMHO)
we (would) have to decide "each person _has_ to pay $something...

Hmmmm... It's late here, but I think I would prefer option 4 or the people
affected by option 4 try to do option 1... it's not _that_ much more money
needed...

regards,
	Holger

p.s.: Andreas, I hope you happily went on longer planned vacation... ;-) I'm
not so sure if this is just wishful thinking... anyway, relay+enjoy+have fun!