Re: debconf6 video and infrastructure wishlist and notes

Hi,

On Sunday 30 October 2005 09:27, Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta wrote:
> Any reason to use acroread? We have plenty of PDF readers. I don't think
> any one will be using acroread features not found on other software.

I thought so, too, until debconf5 where I experienced some people made PDFs
which were only viewable correctly with acroread :-/
BTW, if someone knows bug-numbers about this issue, I would like to know them
to be able to point people to them ;)

Same goes for opera, it's also non-free, but still people prepare free
software related talks which need non-free software for their slides.

Personally I don't like it, politically I think it's wrong, pragmatically I
will install this software to have a smooth conference. Unless the debconf6
team decides that the contents of the talk has to be licenced under a DFSG
free licence and that it has to be viewable (without drawbacks) with DFSG
free tools. I would applaud such a decission.

regards,
	Holger