Re: Website

El d�12/10/2005 a 15:37 Andreas Schuldei escribi�

> * Luciano Bello <luciano@linux.org.ar> [2005-10-12 17:16:04]:
>
> > hi! seems debconf.org is back online! who is the maintainer of this? who
> > should be asked to start installing the mambo/whatever we are going to
> > use?
>
> i will ping him to send me access data for the debconf6
> website/login.
>
> *WILL* we use a CMS? I was not entirely happy with last year's
> CMS (Dupral). I did not find editing content so easy and
> intuitive as i would have liked.

what kind of difficulty did you found? yes, in some ways drupal is not
helpful.

> i know peterk (the guy who agreed to take care of content and
> structure of the webpage and who is good at keeping stuff
> intuitive) likes to work from a repository and update the content
> automatically out of svn. i doubt that is so easy with dupral.
> Peter, is that true?

I'm afraid drupal can't handle it, and probably any other cms. So this
opens the door for a web in "the Debian way" that is meta-language
files on cvs/svn are processed then published to the live website. It
has some pros/cons I noted once[0]. Problably is what peterk does as I
do for my personel site.

0- http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00346.html

regards,
Rudy