Re: First thoughts about website

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:54 +0300, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> [...]

Good idea, I have some proposals and ideas to add to this discussion,
about which I just talked with Aschwin on IRC and want to make public
here:

* it seems clear that we are talking about much more than just a
website, so let's start handling this under the topic "Software
infrastructure needed to support the organisation of debconf6"
For sure, software can only support the flow of information, some of the
issues I read in this mail seem more like a problem of information not
available, because nobody wrote or collected it. I doubt we will have a
software that automatically collects all relevant information about the
location on it's own. So we might need another topic like "collecting
and publishing conference information before, while, and after the
conference. I want to only/mostly go for the Software part, while then I
consider the editors and contributers of content and information as
users/customers.

* Then, let's first figure out a bit more clearly, what our requirements
are, document them, I see now: "easy editable external website" might be
one, "request/issue/todo tracking" others

* if requirements are somehow settled and checked by multiple people, we
can and should start evaluating available software on the market that
can be used for our tasks, and be open to use any free software product

Henning