First thoughts about website

Since yesterday, we were talking in #debconf-team about the DC6
website. I wanted to send a summary and also I would like to move part
of the discussion here so we can sort out the timezone differences..

This is only a collection of mental notes, if I don't write them down
quickly I'll forget them :)

Thigs I would like to have in the site:
* to have more information well before DC starts, specially for people
planning the trip months in advance.
* to have integration with the wiki, maybe almost the whole site
should be a wiki
* maybe it should have integration with other less formal things, like
image galleries from attendants, so I will still be used after dc6
ends.
* And I think a task tracker could be useful for organizers in
general, taking into account some of the problems seen in DC5.

Stockholm pointed out http://wiki.debian.net/?DebConf5WhatToImprove,
where there are more concerns about the website.

avdwoude proposed Twiki "which does do locking nicely and
notifications and even as a grouping concept called webs"

H01ger proposed Trac, and it seems a good candidate for this
(wiki+tracker+svn frontend), but we should check about locking, and it
could be too simple for our needs (lacks notifications, different
access levels to the wiki) and it doesn't have a portal style view.

Laxyb0y said he has experience with enterprise protals and offered to help.

I'm curently researching for those and other options for a
wiki/cms/etc. and will write some summary in a couple of days

--
Martín Ferrari