petition draft

 Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:24:40 +0200

Hi.

My name is Jesus Climent and I represent the Debian Project [1], a
non-profit organisation which aims to create a universal and free
operative system, based on the Linux and BSD kernels with the GNU
applications.

For the last 5 years we have been organising a week of conferences in
different countries, with the objective of meeting the people we work
with from all around the world [2].

Some companies involved in the development of Debian GNU/Linux and
Debian GNU/BSD are helping the organisation of this year's event, by
providing support for food and housing. Enterprises like Nokia, HP,
IBM and others have already agreed to fund us in some way or another.

This year we are organising such event in Finland, and we have already
agreed with TKY to rent a complete building to host the expected 200
developers which will attend from all over the globe, from July the
1st to the 18th (although the Official period for the conferences is
shorter).

The organisation of Debconf relies completely on donations and other
ways of non-monetary help provided by companies and institutions.

Therefore, I (representing the Organisation Committee) would like to
apply for HUT to provide some of the CS Department facilities, which
otherwise we would need to rent from HUT.

We would need the 2 main auditoriums and some extra rooms, which were
already discussed with Mr. Heikki Arppe. A more concrete and detailed
description of the actual needs will be sent shortly after we receive
a positive answer on the will of HUT to help our organisation.

I have already contacted Heikki Arppe together with Heikki Saikkonen
and they would support the request.

[1] More information about our goals, status and ongoing projects can
be found under http://www.debian.org/

[2] More information about the previous events, along with the
conferences presented there, can be found from http://www.debconf.org/

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?
		--Morpheus (The Matrix)