Bits from the past weeks.

Hi!

Following the old tradition of giving some information to the people who is
trying to get some things done around debconfs, i am posting the iformation
related to what has been happening during the last weeks.

First of all, some debian developers had a meeting while enjoying a Sauna, and
we came up with a list of activities which needed to be taken care of. The
list was posted to this list, and can be found at
  http://liw.iki.fi/lists/debconf5-team@liw.iki.fi/msg00033.html

After that we had some conversations with HUT, and we came to the following:
 - one whole building could be rented to us, with space for 100/200 people
 - no furniture would be available
 - i am in conversations with the person in charge of renting the place to
   find out a renting company to provide at least some beds and chairs.
the apartment building has 100Mb network connection, so there is no need for
cabling or putting any network infra.

Nokia has agreed in providing some funding for the renting of the building:
the complete rent price is 20Ke and Nokia agreed to sponsor half of it.

We still need to get some financial entity in Finland which can provide some
capabilities to handle money issues. Read the archives at
  http://liw.iki.fi/lists/debconf5-team@liw.iki.fi/msg00012.html
to understand the problem.

I guess i need to explain a bit about me bofore i say bbl:

I am a SysAdm (and have been for the past 5 years), after being using linux
for the past 9-10 years. I attended DebConf 3 and 4, and while working for
Nokia, i got some green light to use some of my time at work to get DebConf5
here.

I guess that is more or less it.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.26|Helsinki Finland

Actually, my name is Austin Powers. Danger is my middle name.
		--Austin Powers (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery)