Re: debconf5 help

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:51:29AM +0300, Toni Heinonen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> First of all, I would like to let you know that I would very much want
> to personally participate in volunteering for any miscellaneous jobs at
> the upcoming debconf5, which is here in Finland where I live. I'm up for
> any organizing activities etc. Is there a list of volunteers to be
> contacted near the seminar somewhere, that I can put my name on?

There is no such list at the moment. Only a wiki which is mostly empty at the
moment:

http://wiki.debian.net/?debconf5

> Secondly, I work for a training company, and one of our biggest focuses
> is linux. I am very eager to use the assets available from us for any
> linux-oriented things, and this seminar would very much be one of them.
> We have 13 classes, one big auditorium and two small auditoriums which
> would be available pretty much any time around next July. I have not yet
> heared back from our management, but I have reason to believe we could
> accommodate the seminar for a very reasonable price (ie. administrative
> costs and staff + something little). We also have food and catering
> services on-site as well as a good amount of parking space.

The original plan is to get HUT to provide some rooms and seminar halls, ad we
have already some reservations done, as well as an offer to get a complete
building to sleep.

HUT has some very good advantages, like: close dormitories, recreation spaces,
network (wired and wireless) already in place,...

What would be the benefits of your proposal?

For mor info, please, read the list and fill the wiki with ideas!

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.26|Helsinki Finland

Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to
speak?
		--Agent Smith (The Matrix)