Re: Debian BootCamp23 for people new to Debian

On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 12:21:44PM +0530, Carlos Henrique Lima Melara wrote:
> As a additional activity of the Debian BootCamp23 we are going to do a
> workshop on PGP/GPG keys [1]. The idea is to give a brief introduction on
> public/private key cryptography, web of trust and how to create a key
> for yourself. After that, everyone will be able to update the DebConf
> registration to include your gpg key and participate on the DebConf
> keysigning party.
>
> Additional information:
>
> Mentors: Carlos Henrique Lima Melara (Charles)
>          Pirate Praveen
>          (People interested to mentor, add your name below)
> Venue: Noisy Hacklab
> Contact: Carlos Henrique Lima Melara (@Charles) or #debconf23-bootcamp
>          on OFTC / XMPP / Matrix
> When: 6 Sep 2023 - Starting at 4 pm after lunch
> Agenda: We will show how to use and generate gpg keys. Also giving a
>         brief explanation on how we use them in Debian
> Bring: Come with Debian installed on your laptop.

This is extremely tight timing for those who want their keys to be part
of the "official" keysigning list. As per my mail to -announce I'm
collating these details today, aiming to produce the list this evening
(UK time). If you're generating a new key today I advise you to make
sure you add the fingerprint in the registration system as soon as
possible.

Of course even if you don't make the cut off it is still worth attending
the keysigning session; that will enable you to sign other keys, giving
you trust paths to other keys. You can also potentially hand out
fingerprint slips.

J.

--
... Whatever the risk, NO one ever expects to get caught.