Re: Regarding creating a Debian Wiki account for registering DebConf trips

On Wed, 2023-08-30 at 10:22 +0530, Badri Sunderarajan wrote:

> Not sure how this works, but is there some way to whitelist wiki
> self-service signup for DebConf attendees' email addresses? This
> looks like it'll be a recurring problem.

Currently there is not, but if someone wants to write some Python code
that would allow logged-in users to submit emails to an email allowlist
then we would probably accept that.

We also need code to have the registration process include a bio field,
so that there is enough data to immediately tell if an account is spam.

We need code to save disallowed accounts instead of rejecting them, and
an interface for logged-in users to approve or reject accounts, with an
admin group, and allow other accounts able to +1 or -1 accounts and
approval happens after enough people agree on the right outcome.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise