Re: DebConf22: Call for keys for keysigning in Prizren, Kosovo

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 6:28 AM Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> wrote:

We have different viewpoints :-) While you say the keyserver model is
broken beyond any repair, I stand by the opinion that it can be fixed,
and that it brings enough value by itself that it deserves being
fixed. There are many proposals to get keyservers back to a healthy
state, each with its different core propositions.

I did not say "beyond any repair". I am not an expert, it is not up to me to make such claims. I am not even sure what is wrong with the keyservers.
I am only suggesting that we try something different. What is wrong with trying something new?
When the keyservers get fixed and the experts recommend using them, I'd be happy to use them again.

I (as the keysigning organizer) will suggest people to use
keyservers. Of course, everybody is able to do it whichever way they
see fit ;-)

No, there is only one way, the one that you suggest.
I don't intend to run a parallel keysigning party, along with yours.
Let's be clear about this.