Re: tagging non-english talks

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 07:31:00PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Hi!
> I've just tried to look through videos of talks I've missed, and, when
> browsing the index, I have trouble telling the language the talk is in.
> It was already noticeable on the Schedule, but there you could spot a
> fancy non-Latin script.  In the video archive, only spanish/brazilian
> words survive.
>
> Thus:
> On DebConf 21+, let's prefix the titles of all non-English talk with
> "[XX] " where XX is the language code, both on the schedule and in
> video archive filenames.

Suffix  filename with language code prefered above a prefix.

In other words: adding language information in the filename makes sense.

> This would make the lives of both non-English-speakers and of the rest
> of us easier.

Yes, it is good a practice to have an filename that tells
above the content of the file.

Yes, english is the prefered language in on our project.

Yes, Debian allows people to speak their own language  :-)

Regards
Geert Stappers
DD
--