Re: Debconf20 will be in...

Hi,

On 2019-03-20 11:05 a.m., Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:18:44AM -0300, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
I think this part is not fair with countries outside Europe.
Yesterday on the #debconf utkarsh2102 said: "India would be bidding for
2021."

Neither is it desirable for Developers or other attendees to have half a dozen of
Debconfs not in Europe.

There once was the (unwritten, happened to just work based in bids)
"switch continents rule".

There has also been a natural tradition/wish of privileging first time continents bids.

Also, when I read the list of past DC countries I think that India would fit better in the "switch continents rule" then Europe.

I'd love to have a DC in Portugal or in any other European country, this is not my point. I just think that it doesn't make any sense to suggest an European agenda for 2021 at this point, clearly risking to discourage other interesting bids.

Bests,

--
Tiago