Accomodation in Hsinchu downtown or near site?

On 2018-06-19 09:05, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> is there any advice for people who are considering taking accomodation
> downtown? In particular,
> - can you recommend any booking sites for Taiwan? Rakuten used to be
>   quite good for several Asian countries, but these days they only seem
>   to cover Japan.
> - what are the options for public transport between downtown and the
>   campus?

Same questions from me. Also: Is it possible to ride the bicycle
between downtown and campus, like in Montreál?

Alternatively, a private accomodation near the Campus would be
fine. Is there something cheaper than Landis Inn? Does anybody
know, whether the Chief Hotel is OK? (Apart from their McDonalds
breakfast? I prefer having breakfast with my fellow Debianites
anyway.)