Re: How to organize a Mini-DebConf

Hello all

El 15/11/18 a las 15:35, Norbert Preining escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> during the DebConf in Taiwan I met and became friends with the founders
> of FOSSASIA, and we thought about organizing a Mini-DebConf in Singapore
> next year.
>
> Since it is the first time for us, we have no idea about the necessary
> procedures and what else is implied/expected/requested.
>
> Can someone give a short explanation what we would have to do to be able
> to declare it as a Mini-DebConf?

I would say that for calling it MiniDebConf the event should follow the
DebConf Goals https://debconf.org/goals.shtml , abide by the DebConf CoC
https://debconf.org/codeofconduct.shtml and the Debian CoC
https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct , and be organised by Debian
member(s) or contributors.

As far as I know, a MiniDebConf happened in FOSSASIA 2017:
https://wiki.debian.org/FOSSASIA/MiniDebConf2017
https://2017.fossasia.org/tracks.html

Kind regards,

--