Re: [DebConf18] Personal Data Request from MEET TAIWAN fund, NCHC and NCTU

  "S. H.", "Taiwan"

謝宇婷 Sia Hsieh
中鼎嵌入式系統股份有限公司
ADD.:台北市中正區羅斯福路四段68號9樓之10
TEL: 886-2-2362-3620

As some may notice some of our costs of DebConf18 comes from government
fundings, and these fundings, including MEET TAIWAN, requires us to give
them list of attendees.  These funds add up to be at least USD 80,000.
MEET TAIWAN also states that the data is used to prove if the conference
meet the requirements they provide the fund.

We apologize that we didn't make attendees aware of these during the
registration, and we are contacting you now to give you an opportunity
to request that we withhold your information from the details we pass
over.

The information we will give out would be:
  * Initials of your first name and last name.
  * Nationality

For example:
  "Y. W.", "Taiwan"

If you would like to stop us sending your information, please contact
privately to mwei@debconf.org before 2018-08-17 23:59 (UTC).

For further discussions about this issue, please follow the thread at
debconf-team list:
  https://lists.debian.org/debconf-team/2018/08/msg00051.html

FAQs:

Q: Why this is an opt-out rather than opt-in?