[DebConf18] About Personal Data Sent to Government Agencies and University for Funding

Hi,

We are requested by National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) and National
Centre of High-performance Computing (NCHC) for the list of attendees
along with their nationality for applying fundings.  NCTU also applies
government funds MEET TAIWAN [1] which they requires such information
for checking if our event matches their qualification for funding
(they requires more than certain number of foreign people attending
the event as one of the requirements).

While giving such information to the government and university, even
the initial of the names, could be a violation of data protection law
such as GDPR.  If we don't give them such data, we will have to cover
at least 50,000 USD for the loss of the funds.  I am worrying about
this problem and would like to ask for help on this matter.

Meanwhile, I am also requesting the website team to export the data [2].

[1]: https://www.meettaiwan.com/en_US/index.html
[2]: https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/websites/dc18/issues/57

Yao Wei