Re: Suggestions, questions and concerns about DebConf19?

On 08/11/2018 03:45 AM, Yao Wei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please, if possible, keep your funding source simple and don't sell data
> to the government like we did this time.
>
> I feel tremendously sorry handling this issue.
>
> Yao Wei

Hi,

You really don't need to. Other people would have just sent out all the
info without telling anyone, and you handled it correctly. I personally
don't care too much if my initials and country name are given out to a
government who anyways takes my fingerprint when I get in.

This makes me by the way think that giving out initials is the same as
giving out full passport info, as they can easily cross-compile the dbs.
But should I care? Attending Debconf is *ANWAY* a public thing: faces
can be seen on camera and so on (even if you don't give any talk).

Thanks for all the work you've done,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)