Re: Shipping Debian merch/goodies to India

@Gunnar, well said.
It's great to know that you've been a long-time contributor.
We could print some swag for GSoC students and contributors around Chennai, India.
Where can I find some high resolution debian designs ?
(I did manage to find a good-enough logo though)

To the people who're interested,
I did a bit of research. Found this site : https://inkmonk.com/
T-Shirts - $5
Hoodies - $9
Laptop Sleeve - $12

Let me know if you'd like to get something printed.
Regards,
Vishal Gupta

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 12:14 AM Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> wrote:
Kartik Kulkarni dijo [Sat, Aug 04, 2018 at 09:13:40PM +0530]:
> Oh I am not a GSoC student either...I wasn't being clear in my previous
> email so I wanted to clear the misunderstanding.
>
> And would we be able to get those goodies if we arrange for prepaid
> shipping from any place in India? Also if someone from Bangalore has
> attended the debconf and was willing to get it I would personally head
> anywhere near Bangalore to collect it.

Thing is... We appreciate your enthusiasm, and would love to have a
way to bring you closer to contributing to Debian!

However, our distribution is just a group of people. There is no
company behind Debian. We don't _have_ "official swag", other than the
shirts we print specifically for our conference's attendees (and we
don't often print enough to have spares and send elsewhere - Sometimes
we might have some to spare, but surely not always!

As a 15-year-old Debian Developer, I was waiting for DebConf to get a
nice Debian sticker to put in my new (used, ≈5-year-old)
laptop. Debian didn't give me one - I bought it from the Brazilian
group, who came with quite a bit of things to sell and fund next
year's conference.

I encourage you to reduce the pollution in our world. If you want
Debian-themed products, print them locally in India! They will surely
be cheaper, and from I know from you, they will have even a higher
quality than European ones. Plus, you don't have to burn plane fuel to
have them transported from somewhere far far away to your home!

Go to your friendliest neighborhood printer. Make many
stickers. Prepare lots of shirts. Do a nice run of USB sticks. Use
them yourselves, or sell them to other free software enthusiasts.