Re: Reaching the venue on Sunday evening

(sorry for top posting)
Is there an indicator how much a taxi ride would take from Taipei airport to Hsinchu?

On July 19, 2018 6:29:08 PM GMT+02:00, Carsten Schoenert <c.schoenert@t-online.de> wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Am 19.07.2018 um 09:06 schrieb Thomas Kuiper:
hopefully my plane will landing on Sunday about 8pm local time in
Taoyuan. I expect I will need at least one hour to be ready for taking
the final ride to the venue. Am I right with such an expectation?

Yes, depending how much time immigration takes. There's some long
queues sometimes.> Your luggage should get out quickly.

I thought so, thanks for confirming.

An a final question, given to welcome.pdf and the wiki sides the latest
departure of bus 182 on Hsinchu HSR will be at 10:30pm which I'm not
sure I can get. I assume taking a taxi is no problem (in Germany in some
cities or stations it can be a problem :P )

You plan to do airport->HSR->taxi? Thats probably slower and as
expensive as doing taxi all the way.

O.k. I think I will then take the taxi directly from the airport, I"m
already traveling then for 24h with the jetlag ... it's a bit more
comfortable to just pick a taxi. :)

What about giving tip if taking a taxi? 10% or more?
ZERO. In Taiwan you tip nobody, ask for a discount instead! :)

Yeah, on the other side of the world you will probably get grumpy
comments if you give no tip. :P
Thanks again.