Re: Reaching the venue on Sunday evening

Hi Thomas,

Am 19.07.2018 um 09:06 schrieb Thomas Kuiper:
> Hi,
>> hopefully my plane will landing on Sunday about 8pm local time in
>> Taoyuan. I expect I will need at least one hour to be ready for taking
>> the final ride to the venue. Am I right with such an expectation?
>
> Yes, depending how much time immigration takes. There's some long
> queues sometimes.> Your luggage should get out quickly.

I thought so, thanks for confirming.

>> An a final question, given to welcome.pdf and the wiki sides the latest
>> departure of bus 182 on Hsinchu HSR will be at 10:30pm which I'm not
>> sure I can get. I assume taking a taxi is no problem (in Germany in some
>> cities or stations it can be a problem :P )
>
> You plan to do airport->HSR->taxi? Thats probably slower and as
> expensive as doing taxi all the way.

O.k. I think I will then take the taxi directly from the airport, I"m
already traveling then for 24h with the jetlag ... it's a bit more
comfortable to just pick a taxi. :)

>> What about giving tip if taking a taxi? 10% or more?
> ZERO. In Taiwan you tip nobody, ask for a discount instead! :)

Yeah, on the other side of the world you will probably get grumpy
comments if you give no tip. :P
Thanks again.

--
Regards