Re: Hotel recommendation near by venue

On 2018-07-19 20:30, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting Norbert Preining <norbert@preining.info>:
>>> Landis Inn Chuhu is just outside the campus.
>>> http://chuhu.landishotelsresorts.com/index.php
>>
>> Looks nice, but unfortunately too expensive for me since I don't get
>> support from my company.
>
> I'll probably stay in the Chief Hotel, which is much cheaper.
>
> Only drawback: Breakfast by McDonalds, but one can ignore it.
Honestly, I would prefer McDonald's over most hotel breakfasts in Taiwan (unless you stay at 4 star or higher) or just go out....
Breakfast is extremely cost-optimized in most 2/3 star hotels here...
Maybe you get some dry toast with strawberry jam in tiny plastic packs.
And a bit of Chinese style "hot breakfast" ....

McDonalds now has the "Mega McMuffin" for breakfast and an website+app (even in English) where you could order it! ;-)
https://www.mcdelivery.com.tw/tw/browse/menu.html?daypartId=46&catId=98&locale=en
Alternatively, you can try some Taiwanese break fast stalls (that only pop up in the morning) near the school Guangfu Road.
There's also a great Japanese restaurant 十六區壽司屋 just near your hotel (only for dinner though). ;-)
Don't worry you don't have to starve in Taiwan!

Thomas