Re: When will the List of applicants whose Bursary request have been accepted will be Announced

Hi Shirish,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:16:33PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
[...]
> As a former bursary team Tiago might be able to share some stats. or
> experiences he might want to share. I would like to document the role
> of Bursaries team in more detail in
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf/DebConf probably as another page
> altogether .  I have seen scattered info. about the bursaries team but
> not much in concrete terms of stats. and content which can be shared
> across the community.

I won't comment on the bursary process/stats because these things change
over time. As I said, it's just much better to contact the current team
instead if one has any question related to it.

I appreciate the time you're taking to help a potencial atteendee on
this subject, but, for the records, I have to point here that your
answer is inaccurate. Either the '50:1' ratio or '550 accepted bursaries
in Germany' don't make any sense at all.

> I do understand the need to have bursary team members to have privacy
> but having the process documented might make it easier for others to
> understand what (if anything) can be made better.

There's no trick, everything one should know is documented in the
website: https://debconf18.debconf.org/about/bursaries/ and in the
registration form itself.

Again, your help is welcome, but sometimes simply pointing people to
those who know the answers is much more valuable than conjecturing.

Bests,

--
tiago