Re: english-taiwan,taiwan-english free dictionary and translating phrases.

Reply at bottom :-

On 02/04/2018, Sean Ho <holishing@ccns.ncku.edu.tw> wrote:
> We written in Chinese(Traditional) (正體中文) , speak in Mandarin Chinese or
> Taiwanese Hokkien/Hakka in Taiwan. :)
>
> There's nothing to do with Thailand in Southeast Asia. lol
> 殷啟聰 <seamlikok@gmail.com> 於 2018年4月2日 週一 下午10:27 寫道:
>
>> We use Chinese here...

Dear Friends,

Sorry for the blooper. I had thought/presumed and perhaps not
researched enough . I was under the impression (wrongly I might add)
that tai would stand for taiwanese or something like that.

I was looking at some of the emails and wanted to use a translator to
translate the contents

I did come to know of translate-shell which does line by line
translation but unfortunately does need a web-backend to google by
default.

https://www.soimort.org/translate-shell/

https://github.com/soimort/translate-shell

It does talk of other translation services but doesn't tell which of
them doesn't use any tracking cookies or something so that you can get
things translated without them figuring out where the request is
coming from.

Obviously, the best thing would be to have some sort of offline
translation where the corpus  gets built or crowd-sourced over period
of time but dunno of anything like that, in which one would just have
to get the corpus updated in time to do translations right at the
desktop/shell itself.

Sorry for the unintended blooper/mistake on my part.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल