Re: Call for Papers -- Mini-Debconf Hamburg 16.-20. May 2018

Thanks a lot for the reply..

On 5 Mar 2018 01:36, "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 5:04 PM, Christabel Acquaye wrote:

> Hello, Im Christabel Acquaye, a third year computer engineering student of
> Kwame Nkrumah University of Ghana. I happen to very interested in learning
> about this new distribution of linux.. I have used the Linux mint and Ubuntu
> distributions and would very much like to be part of the debian community.

Welcome :)

A great way to contribute to Debian is to work on packages that you
use that need help. The how-can-i-help package can help you find
opportunities for this:

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

There are lots of other ways to contribute to the Debian project and
be part of the Debian community, some of them are listed here:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

Since you are a student, you may also be interested in participating
in the Google Summer of Code internship program:

https://bits.debian.org/2018/01/gsoc-2018-mentors-and-co-mentors.html
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018

Some other mentorship opportunities are listed here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Mentoring

> As such i want to inquire what requirements would allow me be a part of this
> year's conference. Though my qualifications may not meet the standard most
> participants have for this enquiry i will very much be grateful if you
> consider this request.

The mail you are replying to is about a mini-DebConf in Hamburg,
Germany. mini-DebConfs are usually once-off rather than yearly.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/de/2018/MiniDebConfHamburg

The annual Debian conference (aka DebConf) is held in a different
location each year and this year DebConf18 will be held in Hsinchu,
Taiwan. Registration for the conference is not yet open, but the call
for talks, workshops and other events has gone out.

https://debconf18.debconf.org/
https://debconf18.debconf.org/news/2018-02-07-cfp/
https://debconf18.debconf.org/cfp/

In general, Debian conferences are open to all. There are no
requirements for attendance nor registration fees to pay, other than
the usual costs of travel, food and accommodation. In some cases it
may be possible to get sponsorship for part or all of those costs.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise