Re: Being nice to introverts/the highly sensitive (was Re: "Breaking Cliques at Events")

Marc Haber writes ("Re: Being nice to introverts/the highly sensitive (was Re: "Breaking Cliques at Events")"):
> the following is happily based on my personal feelings and my personal
> experience. Please be sure not to generalize.
> Feeling even a remote suggestion of authorities to "please try to meet
> at least n new people each day and get acquainted with each other" will
> greatly reduce these opportunities, because even if I continue doing
> things "my way" it will increase my feeling of inadequateness, just
> because a loud small group of easy-going extroverts want to force their
> way of life upon me and suggest that my way is inferior in some way
> without actually saying so.

I'm sorry that you feel so attacked.  As a non-easy-going
non-extrovert I feel differently about Chris's suggestion.  Even
though Chris is, as you suggest, indeed asking me to do work I find
difficult.

If it helps please read it as "please try as much as you can" or "here
is a way you can help a conference be more welcoming".  I'm sure none
of us want to ask more from anyone in Debian than we can give.

Ian.