Re: [Debconf-discuss] PDF reading/editing issues

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:47:00 +0200
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> [Kyle Robbertze]
> > Unfortunately the standing workaround is to use Windows or Mac [1]
> >
> > [1] https://debconf17.debconf.org/about/visiting-montreal/
>
> Does this mean that only people that can (or know a friend that can)
> accept the terms of use from Microsoft and Apple are allowed to visit
> Debconf?

Of those who need visas, possibly. There are countries which do not
require explicit visas.

> Personally I can not accept those terms as the currently stand, and
> would never want to place a friend in the position that they would
> have to accept those terms.

It is still possible to download a "free" (as in cost) VM directly from
microsoft which would be sufficient to handle this PDF.
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

Also, Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for Android and iOS.
Unfortunately, unless the user is in a position to apply for a visa,
the PDF does not seem to be offered by the Canadian Government website,
so I can't check if it works. May be worth a try though.

--

Neil Williams