Re: An idea for keysigning (related to Breaking Cliques at Events)

Hi Elena--

On Sun 2017-12-17 11:19:28 +0100, Elena ``of Valhalla'' wrote:
> Of course it should start with the usual Reading of the Hash etc., then
> people would split in small groups¹ (6 people?) and have 20 minutes to
> do the ID Dance, but most importantly introduce themselves and talk to
> each other a bit. After 20 minutes new groups should be formed, and the
> same repeated.

we did this at some previous debconf (i forget which one) by having
participants grab two playing cards upon entering the keysigning -- one
with a red back and one with a blue back.

the first split was everyone gathering with their neighbors who had the
same value on the red-backed card.  (all "red-backed 4"s gather together
over here…)  then after ~ 15 minutes, we used the blue-backed cards.

if you can find four decks of cards, two with red backs and 4 with blue
backs, then this will work for up to 104 people, with each subgroup
being 1/13th of the size of the overall group.

      --dkg