Re: "Breaking Cliques at Events"

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 04:23:01PM +0000, Chris Lamb wrote:
>   I'd like to propose a simple rule that we have at the events I run,
>   which I think makes inclusion easier for everyone.
>
> Leading to:
>
>   The rule is: For every year you have attended the event, you should
>   try to meet that many new people each day.

Make rules like you want, but don't think about enforcing that one.
Having to ignore that rule it will people like myself feel comfortable
already.

I _do_ have days where I want to be in my comfort zone. Meeting new
people keeps me on the edge, which is certainly well outside my comfort
zone. Force me to stay out of my comfort zone, or try making me feel
uncomfortable or guilty for staying in my personal comfort zone, and
I'll stop attending.

Greetings
Marc