Re: [Debconf-discuss] printing boarding passes?

On 12/08/17 11:29, Andrew Shadura wrote:
On 12 August 2017 at 09:06, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
On 12/08/17 09:00, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 12/08/17 at 07:42 -0400, Daniel Pocock wrote:
Where can we print boarding passes and other necessary travel documents
before leaving?
At the airport? :)

Are there really airlines that provide online check-in but don't allow
you to either print your board pass at the airport, or use your phone to
show your boarding pass ?
Yes, the same one that generates headlines every time they try to
introduce in-flight toilet fees[1].
Untrue. They don't require printing boarding passes unless you need a
visa check, and they don't charge fees for printing at the airport
provided you've done a check-in and there are actual Ryanair employees
at the check-in stand. Airport employees though may charge you
separately, or choose to issue you a hand-written boarding pass.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Online-check-in-airport-bag-drop-desks/Help-ive-forgotten-lost-my-online-boarding-pass

"If you arrive at the airport without your printed online boarding pass, we can print one for you, but you will be required to pay a Boarding Card Reissue Fee."

Even those airlines that do still allow you to get a boarding pass at
the airport punish you for doing that with a long queue sometimes so the
5 minutes you lose sorting this out at home/hotel/conference/holiday
destination is the lesser evil.

For people who connect to a flight that is not on the same booking as
the flight out of Canada it is also very useful to get the boarding pass
for the second flight before boarding the first one.

Regards,

Daniel

1.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1263905/Ryanair-toilet-charges-phased-in.html
Also, I consider referring to fake news media not quite a right thing to do.

Calling it fake news is not right either: the traditional word for it is propaganda

Regards,

Daniel