Re: [Debconf-discuss] printing boarding passes?

On 12/08/17 12:24, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 12/08/17 11:29, Andrew Shadura wrote:

>>> Yes, the same one that generates headlines every time they try to
>>> introduce in-flight toilet fees[1].
>> Untrue. They don't require printing boarding passes unless you need a
>> visa check, and they don't charge fees for printing at the airport
>> provided you've done a check-in and there are actual Ryanair employees
>> at the check-in stand. Airport employees though may charge you
>> separately, or choose to issue you a hand-written boarding pass.

> https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Online-check-in-airport-bag-drop-desks/Help-ive-forgotten-lost-my-online-boarding-pass
>
> "If you arrive at the /airport/ without your printed online /boarding
> pass/, we can print one for you, but you will be required to pay a
> Boarding Card Reissue /Fee/."

That doesn't reflect the reality. There is an official app for this, and
if you're an EU citizen you can use it. If you aren't (just as I am
not), the reality is that they print the boarding pass with no charge
but only if you've done the online check-in and are able to display the
PDF version of the boarding pass on any of your devices.

I'm flying with Ryanair all the time about a dozen times a year, and in
the last two years I think it was just twice that I had a printed
boarding pass when I came to the airport.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew