Re: [Debconf-discuss] GPG Keysigning "BoF"

On 10/08/17 11:57, Chris Boot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pondering scheduling a "BoF" for doing some key signing, as it's
> sometimes hard to randomly approach people and ask for signatures—at
> least I find it difficult.

Hi all,

This has been scheduled for 17:00 - 17:45 tomorrow (Friday) in Potato:
https://debconf17.debconf.org/talks/237/

Thanks all for the response!

We'll start by checking the signature of the keysigning document again,
both because it makes sense and also for those people who missed it the
first time.

My plan is to then go ahead with the keysigning itself. I am NOT
planning on forming a big circle or overlapping lines (long-queue) or
whatever. The aim should not be to just go over as many people's ID
cards as possible, but rather to talk to people with the same overall
goal. Treat this as an opportunity to get to talk to people without that
initial social barrier of approaching strangers.

If the session is especially popular I suggest we split into separate
groups to avoid feeling pressure to talk to *everyone* who is there.
Given the response so far I'm already planning to book another session
on Saturday.

Cheers,
Chris

--