Re: [Debconf-discuss] Cycling on the weekend of Aug 5?

I set up a couple of shorter routes in graphhopper, one for Lafontaine park and one for Ile Ste. Helene.  Again, I do not know if there is construction on these roads ... or if the destinations are no longer nice.  But they used to be fabulous places for picnics - I'm hoping they still are.

Conference venue to Lafontaine Park:

https://graphhopper.com/maps/?point=45.550812%2C-73.554111&point=45.525172%2C-73.57132&locale=en-US&vehicle=bike&weighting=fastest&elevation=true&use_miles=false&layer=Omniscale

Conference venue to Ile Ste. Helene (brings you right past Habitat).  I had to tweak graphhopper to make the route go where I expected (did not want to have to go on Jacques Cartier bridge).

https://graphhopper.com/maps/?point=45.550662%2C-73.553724&point=45.509114%2C-73.550463&point=45.497383%2C-73.552694&point=45.515008%2C-73.53467&locale=en-US&vehicle=bike&weighting=fastest&elevation=true&use_miles=false&layer=Omniscale

Hmm, according to this page there will be construction on Ile Ste. Helene all summer.

http://www.parcjeandrapeau.com/en/aquatic-complex-pool-swimming-competitions-montreal/

Rats.  There is a beach on the other island though ... plage Jean Dore.

http://www.parcjeandrapeau.com/en/jean-dore-beach-sand-swimming-sun-montreal/

For those who do not want to cycle there, the metro yellow line goes to Ile Ste. Helene and you can walk to the beach.

bjb